Thursday, September 24, 2009

Does Biden Have the Courage to Pull the Trigger ?


Joseph Robinette "Joe" Biden, Jr 47 th Vice President of the United States is an old time democrat. You could almost say he is from the " Jack " Kennedy school of politics.

Joe and I both proudly call Wilmington Delaware our hometown.

Please bare with me as I quickly go down memory lane in explaining my most resent observations of Joe.

As you all know Joe's wife and very young daughter died in a pre Christmas auto accident in 1972. I remember that night as though it was yesterday. As a newly conformed Republican ( conservative ), even my heart broke when I heard the news.

As our careers moved on we found ourselves occasionally sharing a train to DC. Joe headed for capital hill and I on to meetings at the Urban Mass Transit Authority.

Joe is a regular guy, it's just that simple. That quality is what has kept him on Capital Hill for decades.

Joe is an American, he's a democrat but he's an American first and that's why I'm writing this.

In the past five months Ive noticed a change in Joe. His face seems more rigid these days almost stoic, even bewildered. What does he see that would put such a face on such a veteran of Washington politics?

Is Joe now starring in his own Hollywood political thriller where he the Vice President notices every day that his President is driving his beloved country off a cliff ? This confused and bewildered Vice President is than forced to confront the seated President in the Oval Office. As the conversation turns to a heated argument, Joe pulls a revolver from his stiffly pressed blue suit and points the cocked gun at the Presidents head. Does Joe Biden have the courage to pull the trigger ? For his country, I know he does !

Is this where Joe's thoughts are ? We don't know for sure, but I know there are many on Capital Hill that are facing a similar conundrum.


No comments:

VISITORS