Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Congress - Raise Taxes and You're So Done

President Obama’s bipartisan deficit reduction commission ultimately will propose tax hikes, spending cuts or a combination of the two to reduce the country's historic high debt, but most Americans feel they - and not Congress - should have the final say on whether the commission's proposals become law.
A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 58% of Adults believe voters should be given the chance to vote on the commission's recommendations rather than Congress.  Just 24% disagree and feel Congress should have the final vote instead. Eighteen percent (18%) are not sure who should make the final decision. (To see survey question wording, click here.)
Among the proposals being considered by the commission is $751 billion in tax increases over 10 years, including a 15-cent increase in the gas tax that would be phased in starting in 2013.  But only 25% of Americans are willing to pay higher taxes to reduce the deficit.  Fifty-nine percent (59%) are not willing to pay more in taxes for that purpose, with another 15% undecided.
Read more here Congress...

No comments:


Share This Story or Blog