Tuesday, November 8, 2011
The Methods of Nonviolent Protest and Persuasion - My Take - Part III
By Nicholas Contompasis
Know the 198 rules of fighting back and recognizing manipulation by others.
From Gene Sharp's book (1973) The Politics of Nonviolent Action.
Remember, all sides are capable of using these methods and are. It's all around you, as you'll start to notice.
193. Overloading of administrative systems (sound familiar - entitlements - big gov)
194. Disclosing identities of secret agents (sound familiar - Wikileaks)
195. Seeking imprisonment (sound familiar - Occupy Wall Street)
196. Civil disobedience of "neutral" laws (sound familiar)
197. Work-on without collaboration (Executive Orders)
198. Dual sovereignty and parallel government (sound familiar - Obama czars)