By Nicholas Contompasis
A "Congressional Reform Act" must be part of the 2012 election dialog.
The American people did not give Congressmen the benefits they now have. Congressmen made all these contracts with themselves.
Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
The American people must break up the iron grip of career politicians how serve no one but themselves. America, you are being led by a "monolithic dictatorship" that keeps electing themselves and fleecing the American taxpayer.
Change can happen if the following measures are enacted.
1. Term Limits with 12 years only, one of the possible options below.
A. Two Six-year Senate terms
B. Six Two-year House terms
C. One Six-year Senate term and three Two-Year House terms
2. No Tenure / No Pension.
A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
3. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people.
4. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
5. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
6. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
7. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.